I like to think of myself as a vast combination of unique factors that have made me what I am today; and I prefer to view those around me with general assumptions that are based on the choices they have made. I have reasons for my actions; they have excuses. The most effective brands honestly assess themselves and others.
Sales & marketing starts with understanding how we are seen.
- General assumptions are real (whether they’re justified or not)
- We choose to be and do
The client is a Vast combination of unique factors that have made them what they are.
Knowing yourself is the launch pad that must be secure before you can ever create a brand to orbit above your pitch (which is business).
Reality doesn’t matter – perception is reality
In order to understand others, it is vital that you
- Admit who you are
- Know what you believe
- Choose what you focus on
- Change or enhance whatever mental framework you are in
Learn the processes by which you create the internal movie of the outside reality.
Our subjective experience has a structure, and how we think about something affects how we experience it.
In almost every communication, we can be sure
- What we say is rarely (if ever) what is received
- What we understand is almost never exactly what is being communicated
You cannot – not communicate.
- 70% of communication is non-verbal
- Silence can communicate more powerfully than words could ever attain.
What do others see as ‘you’?
- Past experiences
- Present communication
- Expressions of Future expectations